WordPress 5.2.3 – Security & Maintenance version is now available!! Let’s Update!
WordPress 5.2.3 is available for the public to test. This latest update has been rolled out just a few days earlier as security & maintenance release. The release features 29 fixes and enhancements. Along with these, it adds a number of security fixes. We highly recommend having this update applied to your WordPress site without any delay and major release will appear soon.
Version 5.2.3 released on September 5, 2019, fixes all the bugs that affect WordPress versions 5.2.2 and earlier. With the release, your WordPress issues will easily be fixed up, if any wrong goes there. So, you will want to upgrade to the most secure point version that your sites are currently utilizing.
Let’s see what changes & security updates the release has for you:
- a cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability found in post previews by contributors.
- a cross-site scripting vulnerability in stored comments.
- validation and sanitization of a URL could lead to an open redirect.
- Reflected cross-site scripting during media uploads.
- cross-site scripting (XSS) in shortcode previews.
- Reflected cross-site scripting could be found in the dashboard.
- URL sanitization that can lead to cross-site scripting (XSS) attacks.
In addition to the above changes, it is also updating jQuery on older versions of WordPress. This change was added in 5.2.1 and is now being brought to older versions.
WordPress 5.2.3 is a short-cycle maintenance release. The next major release will be version 5.3 and appeared soon.
To Sum Up
You can download WordPress 5.2.2. Alternatively, you can visit the dashboard →Updates and then click Update Now. This way, your website background will automatically be updated without the active interference of you or the developers.